This lesson includes a short introduction of the presenter and reviews the agenda for the course.
Taking the first step to starting your business can be difficult! This workshop will be a realistic starting point for all budding entrepreneurs. The workshop will be PACKED and FAST PACED. At the end, you will have a good feel for the level of effort and commitment it will take to make your business successful. If you’re serious about starting a business, you don’t want to miss this workshop.
In the summer of 2017, I had an opportunity to spend some time with a class of workshop participants at our local Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center that wanted to learn what it takes to create a successful small business. During that workshop, I took the class on a journey of business entrepreneurship.
In this course we will look at:
- Why you should become an entrepreneur
- What elements you need to have in place be successful
- Several options to becoming a business owner
- How starting a business is different today from a decade ago
- How to zero in on your unique business idea
- Ways to determine your financial requirements
- Ways to fund your new business
- How to conduct market research for free
- Legal requirements for setting up a new business
- How taxes work
- Why too much insurance can be a bad thing
- How to hire employees and subcontractors
Become a Patreon member and get a 100% off coupon.
Section 1 - Before You Leap
Section 2 - Self-Reflection
Section 3 - Business Planning Overview
Section 4 - Accounting & Finance
Section 5 - Market & Competition
Section 6 - Legal & Taxation
Section - 7 Insurance & Workers
Section - 8 Conclusion